RN - At Home Care (PRN)
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Department:||At Home Care|
|Description:||Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, the registered nurse, bears primary responsibility and accountability for the nursing care and management of home health care patients. The Registered Nurses' practice possesses characteristics identified in the nursing profession's standard of nursing practice and the Indiana Nurse's practice act. Inherent in this practice is the Nursing process, which includes assessment of the patient's status, a plan of interventions, the implementation of the planned interventions and the evaluation of the same. The Home Health Care R.N. bears responsibility for being knowledgeable of all applicable laws and regulation pertaining to the practice of home health nursing and adhering to same.|
|Duties:||1. Provides total patient assessment and care planning which includes; physical, emotional, social, financial, spiritual assessment. Including OASIS assessments at appropriate times. |
2. Plans, implements, communicates, evaluates and revises the patient plan of care to assure the patient and family are able to achieve their optimum level of independent function within the limitations of the disease process and social/medical situation according to physician orders.
3. Demonstrates respect for patient rights by maintaining patient privacy, dignity, safety, confidentiality and right to refuse or consent to treatment. Aware of HIPAA regulations and PHI.
4. Assesses discharge needs on admission and each visit and makes referrals as dictated by patient needs.
5. Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences to assure common goals and interventions are communicated to multidisciplinary team.
6. Administers, teaches and gives instruction and direction in the utilization of medications in the home setting to assure the patient is receiving maximum benefit.
7. Demonstrates precision in the performance of treatments related to home care or seeks educational opportunities to become proficient.
8. Accurately provides patient/caregiver education to assure independence in the staff members' absence.
9. Participates in cost containment measures, uses/charges for appropriate supplies, completes assignments in assigned times, obtains prior authorization for approval of home visits from PI and Medicaid.
10. Effectively communicates with other members of the health care team in house, physicians, and vendors by serving as the case manager for the patients assigned and acting as the patient advocate in the performance of such communication.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of all department/hospital policies and services and practices within it.
12. Keeps Manager informed of any unusual concerns, situations, events or conditions relative to staff, patients, families or physicians.
13. Documents all aspects of patient care and assures all paper and computerized documentation meets regulatory requirements.
14. Complies with department policy and regulation in timely completion of all patient documentation.
15. Participates in the development of policies and procedures.
16. Provides direct supervision of the Home Health LPN & Aides, per regulatory requirements, to assure quality patient care is maintained and adherence to the plan of care and duties assigned.
17. Maintains professional relationship with medical staff members.
18. Remains available and accessible at all times while on duty or on-call.
19. Demonstrates understanding of the disaster plans and role requirements of same.
*Graduate from accredited school of Nursing
*Active license for state of Indiana to practice as a Registered Nurse
*Current CPR certification
*Minimum 2 years experience as R.N. required
*1 year of home health experience preferred
*Computer operational skills
*Time management skills
*Self-motivated and self directed
*Excellent reading, writing, and oral skills
*Analytical and problem solving skills
*Tact and diplomacy in dealing with others