RN - TCU (PRN)
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Description:||Under the direction of the department of nursing service, the staff nurse, as a registered nurse, bears primary responsibility and accountability for the nursing care patients receive. The staff nurseís practice possesses characteristics identified in the nursing professionís standards of practice, nurseís code of ethics, and the Indiana nurse practice act. In Inherent in this practice is the nursing process; the assessment of the patient status, the plan of nursing actions, the implementation of that plan and the evaluation of the plan. The staff nurseís patient population will include patients from infancy to geriatric who present with either medical or post-surgical problems.|
|Duties:||1. Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.|
2. Monitors hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
3. Performs a head-to -toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy and consistently directs care patients receive from CNAís.
4. Formulates individualized plan of care, revises plans as indicated by the patientís response to treatment and evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness.
5. Documents education provided based upon assessment learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identifies Dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based upon ACLS protocol.
7. Communicates appropriately and clearly to charge nurse, co-workers and physicians.
8. Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an inter-disciplinary approach to the patientís needs.
9. Participates in Performance Improvement Activities monthly as designated.
10. Coordinates and supervises patient care and staffing needs when assuming charge nurse position.
11. Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures both in the ICU, TCU, and other departments.
12. Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function well under stressful situations.
13. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
14. Interacts professionally with patient/family.
15. Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
16. Documentation meets current standards and policies.
17. Demonstrates personal conduct in accordance to hospital, departmental, professional policies and directives.
18. Ability to assess and care for patients in the post anesthesia period both in the TCU and ICU.
* Active Indiana State Registered Nurse License
* Completion of hospital approved critical care course and/or comparable experience in critical care nursing and/or emergency room.
* CPR Certification
* ACLS Certification
* PALS Certification recommended
* Venipuncture Skills.
* Ability to accurately monitor cardiac rhythms.