RN - Med/Surg Nights (PRN)
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Description:||Night Shift PRN RN needed.|
Under the supervision of the department of nursing, this position as a licensed registered nurse, bears responsibility and accountability for the nursing care patients receive within the realms of standards of nursing practice, nurses code of ethics and the Indiana Nurse Practice Act. Inherent in the practice is the nursing process; the assessment of the patient status, the plan of nursing actions, the implementation of that plan, and the evaluation of the plan. The Med-Surg RN must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to provide age-specific needs and to provide the care as described in nursing policies and procedures.
|Duties:||1. Accurate assessment and documentation of patient condition.|
2. Demonstrates appropriate interventions related to patient condition.
3. Notifies M.D. of patient progress or lack of it.
4. Accurately administers medications and treatments according to M.D. order.
5. Demonstrates general nursing theory and practice in all age groups.
6. Maintains a high level of patient and employee confidentiality.
7. Demonstrates ability to supervise and communicates appropriately with LPN and non-licensed staff in tasks related to patient care.
8. Consistently demonstrates a high level of professional judgment.
9. Demonstrates strong leadership in roll as charge nurse and reports problems and concerns to house supervisor in a timely manner.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
11. Demonstrates positive customer service skills with patients, family, visitors, doctors, staff, and other departments.
12. Demonstrates correct use of equipment on Medical-Surgical Unit.
13. Uses computer system to order lab work.
14. Demonstrates appropriate infection control measures and standard precautions providing patient care.
15. Completes paperwork related to patient care in a timely, accurate manner, which gives a clear picture of care provided to patient.
16. Provides for and documents patient education.
17. Demonstrates good organizational and prioritization skills.
18. Participates in interdisciplinary conferencing.
19. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
20. Completes annual educational requirements.
21. Maintains regulatory requirements.
22. Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated time.
23. Wears identification while on duty; uses computerized punch time correctly.
24. Completes inservices and returns in timely fashion.
25. Attends at least 75% of staff meetings, reads and returns staff meeting minutes.
|Qualifications:||* Venipuncture for IV fluids/meds|
* Basic nursing skills needed to function on a med-surg floor.
* Basic Arrhythmia interpretation / intervention.
* Analytical and problem solving skills.
* RN license in good standing in the State of Indiana.
* Annual certification in CPR
* Annual Fire/Safety inservice attendance
* Annual PPD.
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
* One year medical-surgical experience or successful completion of preceptorship program.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.