Social Worker - At Home Care (PRN)
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Department:||At Home Care|
|Description:||**Must have Master's Degree.|
Under the supervision of the Administrator, this position is responsible for assisting patients and their families with identifying and addressing personal and environmental difficulties which predispose illness or interfere with patient’s ability to remain safe at home. Functioning as a member of the multidisciplinary health care team, the social worker helps by linking patients to available resources to assist with any medical, psychological or social assistance that may be needed. This position acts as a resource person for patients, families, and other health care team members in identification of community resources available to meet social, medical, and financial needs of all classifications (insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, self pay) of patients served by At Home Care.
|Duties:||1. Responsible for the timely and thorough, individual assessment of social service needs for patients in home health setting.|
2. Demonstrates respect for patient rights by maintaining patient privacy, dignity, safety, confidentiality, and right to refuse or consent to treatment. Aware of HIPPA regulations.
3. Plans, implements, evaluates and revises patient plan of care to assure patient and family achieve optimum level of independence, safety, and effective coping in home setting.
4. Participate in interdisciplinary team care conference to assure common goals and interventions are communicated to multidisciplinary team.
5. Documents all aspects of care provided and assures all documentation meets regulatory requirements.
6. Keeps abreast of federal and state regulations, policies, and practices related to social services.
7. Working with patient and families in identifying resources and facilitating discharge needs.
8. Effectively communicates with other members of the health care team; physicians, professional clinicians, home health aides, vendors, insurance case managers, etc. Acts as patient advocate in the performance of such communication.
9. Keeps abreast of available community resources that are utilized for discharge planning.
10. Demonstrates professional commitment to the quality, philosophy and Values of HCH.
11. Performs other duties as requested by Department Manager or CNO.
12. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality at all times.
13. Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior as indicated by expressed satisfaction of internal and external customers.
14. Recognizes the value of fellow employees as demonstrated by providing supportive, positive feedback to employees.
15. Reports patient concerns to appropriate manager/coordinator.
16. Keeps up to date with department’s policies, and communication log.
17. Remains available and accessible for consults.
18. Maintains professional relationship with medical staff.
|Qualifications:||• Social Worker (MSSW) currently licensed in the State of Indiana|
• Valid Driver’s license and proof of insurance
• Current CPR
• Minimum of five (5) years previous social work experience in a variety of settings
• Knowledge of community resources