CNA - Med/Surg (49-13)
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Available!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Full-time, days, 36 hrs/wk|
Under the supervision of the Department of Nursing this position performs duties assisting the staff nurses in the treatment and care of patients in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the hospital. The Med-Surg. Nursing Assistant must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, to adequately assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to provide age-specific needs.
|Duties:||1. Demonstrates knowledge of basic infection control and standard precautions.|
2. Provides and documents adequate personal care and oral care to patients.
3. Demonstrates correct collection, measurement and recording of voided and catheter urine output.
4. Correctly obtains clean void urine, stool, and other specimens and takes to lab in timely manner.
5. Demonstrates appropriate turning and positioning of patient in a timely manner.
6. Ambulates patients as ordered by M.D. in a safe manner.
7. Uses good body mechanics in providing patient care.
8. Responds to call lights promptly.
9. Demonstrates ability to follow oral and written instructions.
10. Demonstrates good customer service skills and compassion in caring for patients.
11. Reports abnormal patient findings to nurse immediately.
12. Able to accurately measure temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure and weight using stand up and bed scale.
13. Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with patient rights.
14. Maintains a high level of patient and employee confidentiality.
15. Demonstrates correct use of equipment on medical-surgical unit.
16. Correctly documents intake and output.
17. Demonstrates ability to organize work and prioritize appropriately.
18. Demonstrates simple nursing skills for all age groups of patients.
19. Performs capillary blood glucose checks at the request of the nurse, reports results to the nurse, and documents on the flowsheet.
20. Assist with activities as directed by the Activity Director and in accordance with each residentís plan of care.
21. Be sure area to be used for activity is free.
22. Set areas up as needed for the type of activity planned.
23. Remind nursing staff of activities scheduled and patients who desire to participate.
24. Assist with transport of patients to the activity area.
25. Keep Activity Record documenting the activity, time, duration, and response of the patient.
*High School Diploma or GED required.
*CNA licensure in the state of Indiana
* Basic simple nursing skills needed to function on Med/Surg Unit.
* Understanding of intake and output, documents correctly.